MyCPU
November 17, 2018, 01:09:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF forum installed and ready to use

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello. How can I build my own CPU??  (Read 22 times)
enriquemesa8080

View Profile Email
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:35:31 pm »

Hello. I am a programmer and electronic engineer student. I am learning about microprocessors. I want to build my own project from scratch, but I want to test it in a simulator first.

I don't have the components at hand, and i want to build the design in paper and pencil and later turn it to computer simulator, can be Logisim.

I want to implement a 4 bit processor, something that can be easy handled by me. I want to implement a basic featured processor.

I want to use:

add
sub
jmp
jne
jge
jbe
cmp
mov

I think that this subset of instruction can make work any program that you can imagine. Also, i am planning to make a collaborative work trying to build things in spanish, for my friends. Please, help me.

Currently i am building circuits using all recycled components whose came from old devices whose get broken for any reason.

I plan to join the ring too, but if my design is paper only i can't.

Thanks. I hope you the best wishes, keep you improving your software until you can build a great software and hardware.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: